Monday, January 18, 2010

The books are here!


I spent last night tossing and turning. The books were due to arrive today and I was anxious. I was scared to see the books.  It was a completely irrational fear because I knew about all the work that went into them.  Months of recipe testing and writing was followed by edit after edit. When that was done, it was time for proofing, a little more editing and then more proofing.

First thing this morning, we cleared out a hallway at work. Chairs and tables leftover from our restaurant days usually reside here, but they had to make way for the books! And then they arrived.  And I'm so happy with them.


Again, my irrational fear was that they wouldn't look like real books. I can't really explain this, because it makes no sense, but this is my first attempt at self-publishing and I was scared they wouldn't look as good as Soup.  They look great! I'm thrilled with how they turned out.

So that's 254 boxes of books, to the left.  It's a whole lotta books. Good news is they all fit in the hall. I was concerned we'd have to fill the storage rooms and that we'd have rows of boxes stacked in the store aisles.  At the moment it's not a problem, but we have to start moving some out soon.  As we approach Passover, we turn the entire store over and sell only Passover foods -- and we need every inch of space we can get.

We sold 3 books out of the store this afternoon and I have orders that need to be shipped out tomorrow.
I also have to start packaging up the press kits and sending them out.  We're on our way -- just another 5990-odd books to go!

If you're in Winnipeg, books are available at the store (Desserts Plus) for now, with more stores to follow.  They're also available at amazon.com. We hope to have www.pamelareiss.com set up for book orders by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment